Thursday 3 January 2019

Newcastle

I hope you had a happy Christmas and New Year. I made a new friend called Bertie, who I'll introduce you to below, and we went to Newcastle with Herself for a few days. Lots of fun had by all.


Here's the gang on Christmas Day showing off our marvellous scarves, knitted by Herself
(a very talented lady).
Back Row: Kik-A-Boo, Fred, Huggy, Amadeus.
Front Row: me, Puccini, Sandy.

Bertie (a Beefeater all the way from Harrod's, handpicked by Himself) and me.
Love the Angel of the North's Santa hat.

I love this photo of me in my new scarf.

I went for a scamper along the Quayside on the evening we arrived.
Bertie stayed at the hotel because he 'needed to guard' the chocolates we'd brought with us....
Here I am posing in front of the Millennium Bridge.

Sage Gateshead.

You can just see the Millennium Bridge lit up blue behind me.

Next day Bertie and I enjoyed the Quayside together.

Tyne Bridge.

Having fun at the Metrocentre.

We caught a train to Whitley Bay. It was very windy and cold.
If you look closely you can just make out an aeroplane and St Mary's Lighthouse above my head.

I love the clouds in this photo, at Whitley Bay.

The Baltic behind us is a (weird) contemporary art gallery.
 
The art may be a bit strange but you get a great view from the Baltic.

I hope you enjoyed my photos of Christmas and visiting Newcastle.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment